On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 4:52:03 PM CET Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> For years, I've been using postfix to accept mail from LAN hosts, and from
> the Internet via my ISP. This has never worked as I want it - it's just so
> complex to set up and understand. Well, it is for a bear of little brain
> like me.
>
> Can someone tell me how to make postfix accept all mail addressed to any
> host or user on the LAN - and not forward any mail to anywhere at all? It's
> running on a single-homed host on the LAN, and all other hosts are also
> single homed. Any of four hosts can originate mail, and I have fetchmail
> running on the same host to collect POP3 mail from my ISP. Dovecot serves
> IMAP4 to KMail clients on the LAN.
>
> At present, postfix is insisting on forwarding mail addressed to root on a
> LAN machine, but it's supposed to be acting on behalf of that machine. Two
> other hosts' mails never show up anywhere.
>
> Or perhaps there's a more suitable MTA out there?

I've been using postfix for longer than I can remember.
The config entries I changed from default are:

--- main.cf ---
myhostname = <hostname.TLD>
mydomain = <TLD>
myorigin = <TLD>
mynetworks = <full list of local networks, ex. :  192.168.0.0/24,
192.168.1.0/24>
smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_unauth_destination
-------

Also, are all emails sent to "mydomain" or do you have additional domains
configured?
If the latter, did you set "virtual_alias_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/
virtual_domains"
Include all virtual domains the file and converted the file to a .db ?

--
Joost