On Friday, 16 February 2024 12:30:48 GMT J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Friday, February 16, 2024 6:19:25 AM CET Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 14 February 2024 11:35:18 GMT J. Roeleveld wrote:
> > > I've been using postfix for longer than I can remember.
> > > The config entries I changed from default are:
> > >
> > > --- main.cf ---
> > > myhostname = <hostname.TLD>
> > > mydomain = <TLD>
> > > myorigin = <TLD>
> > > mynetworks = <full list of local networks, ex. :  192.168.0.0/24,
> > > 192.168.1.0/24>
> >
> > That's helpful - thanks Joost.
>
> You're welcome. Was this enough to get it working?

I forgot to add that my system was already almost identical to yours, so I
don't know whether to say yes or no.   :)

> > > smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination

> > No relaying here; all outgoing mail goes to my ISP.
>
> If your mailserver (postfix) is sending emails to your ISP, that is (from
> the viewpoint of postfix) relaying by definition.

Er... outgoing mail doens't go through postfix at all; it goes direct from my
KMail client to my ISP.

> > > Also, are all emails sent to "mydomain" or do you have additional
> > > domains configured?
> > > If the latter, did you set "virtual_alias_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/
> > > virtual_domains"
> > > Include all virtual domains the file and converted the file to a .db ?
> >
> > Just the one "mydomain"

...so no need to set any virtual domains.

> If you have only 1 domain, keep that "virtual_alias_domains" empty.

No such setting in my main.cf so I assume it's empty.

Anyway, I looked at some of those mails that postfix was trying to forward, and
they were old and unimportant, so I purged them.

Let's see what other problems I've made for myself...  :)

--
Regards,
Peter.