Antoine wrote:
> Hi,
> We are going to set up ssl on a webserver at work and I guess that means
> we need a certificate... does anyone have any useful alternatives to
> Verisign? Are they really worth the name?

Well, If you really need official certificate from some CA, have a look
in your web-browser, it has certificates for most known authorities
already installed (thawte, verisign, geotrust, Entrust.net, Equifax,
IPS Seguridad, just to name a few of them).

IMHO, Verisignt and Thawte are the best known (but I don't say they
are the best).

You may try using self-signed certificate, or get one from cacert\
free of charge:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_cacert.org_SSL_certificates

Jarry