Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman schrieb:

> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Optional things aren't standard. They are
>> optional. PAM is optional. You don't need
>> it - at least not for basic setups.
>
> It is NOW optional. I'm sure this will change,

Well, I'm sure it won't. On low end embedded systems,
you just don't need it. And when discussing base
requirements, it should be made sure that even
the low end is still supported.

Also on normally sized systems, there just is no
requirement for it - as long as the requirements
are simple enough (eg. LDAP? Go PAM! Database? Go
PAM!). But on consumer systems, and that's what
we're talking about!, you won't need PAM. Not
now, not in the future.

Alexander Skwar