On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:56:43 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I don't need a specific version I simply want the docs to be built.
> Adding a use flag of doc or docs does not cause it to be built.  At
> least not in what was current portage day before yesterday.

That's because your/etc/portage/package.use file is messed up. You can
only have one entry for a package, otherwise the previous entries are
overridden by the last one.

An alternative, when a ./configure option is not covered by USE flags is
to put in in the EXTRA_ECONF variable, although this won't work with
every ebuild.

EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-blah" emerge foo/bar

--
Neil Bothwick

If at first you don't suceed, try the switch marked "Power"