On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 23:34 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Paul Varner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> It appears here that the symbols themselves must be quoted as well as
> the package like this:
>
>       equery files --type ">=vim-6.2"

Which is what I meant to convey with the error message. What about this
one?

$ ./equery files --type vim-6.4
[ Searching for packages matching vim-6.4... ]
!!! Invalid syntax: missing operator
!!! If you want only specific versions please use one of
!!! the following operators as prefix for the package name:
!!! Example to only match gcc versions greater or equal 3.2:
!!!    >=sys-devel/gcc-3.2
!!!
!!! Note: The symbols > and < are used for redirection in the shell
!!! You must enclose the entire argument in quotation marks, if either
!!! of these characters are used

Regards,
Paul