Iain Buchanan schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> Instead of a question this time, I have an answer!
>
> If you're trying to get ati-drivers (fglrx) to load with linux-2.6.15
> its simple!  (Given the error you get is "undefined symbol: pm_register"
> or something similar).
>
> The solution is to simply:  when configuring your kernel, under "Power
> management options (ACPI, APM)" turn on "Legacy Power Management API
> (PM_LEGACY)".  Then recompile the kernel (recompiling modules should not
> be necessary) and re-boot to this new kernel.
>
> Now, for me at least, ati-drivers-8.20.8 loads fine!
>
> HTH,

Thanks, Iain, this made my upgrade to 2.6.15 go without a hitch. You
saved me some time on the Rage3D forums (where I would have also found
this information, but I didn't have to go there to look because you
passed it on first). If you hadn't mentioned, I would probably have
masked the kernel upgrades until a new ATI driver release.

Appreciate the heads-up :-) .

Holly