Abhay Kedia schreef:
> On Saturday 07 January 2006 23:24, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> What might that be.....? Does something need to be re-initialized?
>> Some cache updated? I'm getting a bit confused here.
>>

> afaik etc-update does not reinitialize anything. All it looks for are
> files that have been named in a specific way. It diffs the original
> file with its update and then asks you whether to overwrite or not.
> You can delete the ._cfg files or let them be. They will not cause
> you any problems.

OK, thanks-- I will add as a final note that I also needed to run

cfg-update -i

to get cfg-update to recalculate its checksum index, after which it also
stopped complaining.

So I'll consider this solved (even though I didn't delete the ._cfg
files, but then how often do I look in /usr/lib/X11/symbols?) and stop
worrying about it.

Thanks!

Holly