It's best to install Windows first, as it always overwrites the master
boot record, which destroys a Grub or Lilo setup.

Grub is perfectly capable of booting Windows by 'chain loading' to the
Windows loader. Booting linux from the Windows loader is a lot more complex.

I'd recommend having a fat32 (vfat) partition for sharing data between
the Windows and Linux.

However, one of the major snags with vfat is that it does not support
group and user attributes, and seems to map the fat 'archive' attribute
to 'executable' under linux, which is rather irritating.

vfat is also a poor choice for NFS sharing because of it's lack of user
and group attributes.

Cheers, Dave