On 2/14/06, b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2)Does kde 3.5 pulls in a lot of ~x86 dependecies?

You can determine this yourself:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge -pv kde-base/kdebase-meta

> 3)What are current known bugs/instabilities/issues/what of KDE 3.5
> packages I should be aware of? I don't use KDE itself (I'm happy with
> Fluxbox) but I use KDE apps very much (Konqueror,Kwrite,Kate,K3b...).

It has been stable for me...no crashes or glitches to speak of.  If
you actually use KDE, you need a new version of dbus/hal for hotplug
device integration.  Anyway why not search bugs.gentoo.org for this
information?

I think it is important to note that KDE 3.5 has been released as
stable by KDE for some time.  It is only the ebuilds that are still
marked as testing.

-Richard