On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:26:19 -0800
gentuxx wrote:

> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:29:50 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> >
> >> I was poking around in packages.gentoo.org, and noticed

> >>Hmmm, shouldn't it be emerge -uav gentoo-sources ?
> >>I mean, "u" for "update"?
> >

> >It doesn't matter, because kernels arer slotted.
> >
> >Have you synced? It doesn't matter if the package is stable in Gentoo's
> >portage tree if you sill have the old ebuild.
> >

> Yup.  Did it today just to check before sending the first post.
> (Mentioned this in the first post.)

I have a machine on which portage sometimes crashes near the end of emerge
--sync. during the metadata part. This leaves portage in the position that it
has all the ebuild files on the disk, but it's own database doesn't seem to
know about it.

Try emerge --metadata which will fix it if that is the problem.

Anyway, to check when you last synced:

genlop -r|tail

(if you don't have genlop, it is in the package genlop (surprise?)

the nitty gritties way to see what ebuilds are on your hard drive:

ls /usr/portage/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources/*.ebuild
--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>