On 2/22/06, Lance Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, I already have
>
>     USE="-X -gtk -gnome -qt -kde -alsa -xpm -opengl userprofiles ..."
>
> in make.conf, so somehow this is ignoring that "-xpm".  Even adding
>
>     www-apps/wordpress -xpm
>
> in /etc/portage/package.use doesn't prevent the original emerge command
> from trying to pull in xterm and X11.  What am I missing now?

It is not wordpress that has the xpm USE flag, but dev-lang/php.  So
that should be "dev-lang/php -xpm".  Also, make sure that only a
single entry for the package appears in package.use.

For the make.conf case, well, it should work.  Maybe check the output
of "emerge -DNuvp world", and if that doesn't help, post the output of
emerge --info.

-Richard