On 2/23/06, Mike Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm suspending from X, using the klaptop application.  I'm using the
> vesa driver for an intel video card.

The vesa driver is pretty much the driver-of-last-resort.  I would
_not_ expect proper power management support from this.

Try the i810 driver instead, it should have support for intel
integrated graphics.

> dmesg just says something about 'error -2' and ACPI when I try to remove
> and reload the module.  I can try it and give you exactly what it says
> if you need me to.

Yes.  The ACPI messages are probably not important, but if you are
getting an error unloading or reloading the module, then that is a
problem.  My initial guess is probably something about firmware....

I would suggest emerging and using the hibernate script
(sys-power/hibernate-script).  It allows a great deal of
customization, including restarting services, reloading of modules,
etc in response to suspend-to-ram or suspend-to-disk operations.

-Richard