Title: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question

On 2/23/06 2:22 PM, "CR Little" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I’m having a problem with LVM.

I setup a volume group it had 5.91G in Free PE/Size now states 0/0
I have a logical volume inside that I tried to extend

It now states 10.91 GB for LV Size. This lv is mounted to /home when I ran lvextend –L+5.91G /dev/vg/home it extended the lv but when you run df-h it doesn’t show an increased size.

/dev/mapper/vg-home   5.0G  1.6G  3.2G  33% /home

Apparently I missed a step and can’t find any information on how to fix this. Doesn’t it need to know how to format and add the LV extention?
Help would be great.
Yes, you missed a step.  Extending the lv in no way increases the size of the fs.  Extendfs is the command you need to “man”.

Remember, the fs cannot be mounted when you extend it.