On Friday 10 March 2006 03:17, Josh Helmer wrote:
> On Friday 10 March 2006 18:05, Eric Bliss wrote:
> > Before you do that...  did you also edit /etc/mtab in addition to
> > /etc/fstab?
> >
> > Just a thought, since we are talking about separate partitions to mount.
>
> Don't touch mtab.   mtab is auto-magically generated by mount.
>
> Josh

Ah, okay.  Learn something every day.  I just remembered seeing mount
information in that file when I was reading it (although why I was doing
that, I now have no idea).  Guess this would explain why.  Now if only I
could remember why I had even read the file in the past.  You don't edit it
during the original install process do you?

--
Eric Bliss
systems design and integration,