On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:09:29 +0000, Unknown wrote:

> > > 2) If I do this, will be the system usable after reboot? (some of
> > > packages compiled with gcc-3.3.6 and other with gcc-3.4.5)
> >
> > With this I still need your help... :)
> >
> wouldnt say it is possible, unless u have hibernaton enabled, which
> probably is not in your case. besides emerge --resume only resumes not
> downloaded fully files from internet to be downloaded...

Not so. emerge --resume restarts the previous emerge process, even after
a reboot, exactly as Petr needs.

I doubt the fact that some packages are compiled with one GCC and others
with a different one is going to cause a problem, especially as you'll
carry on with the recompiling after the reboot. Even if you don't reboot,
your system will be running with a mixture of 3.3/3.4-compiled packages
during the emerge.

--
Neil Bothwick

When puns are outlawed only outlaws will have puns.