On 3/22/06, Meino Christian Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  What happens? The kernel boots and shows the tiny font I like so
>  much. But suddenly while working on the bootscripts, the size of the
>  fonts switched to a bigger (ugly, rectangle-shaped font).

This is when gentoo sets the console font.

Try using "setfont" on the console to find a font you like.  You can
find the console fonts in /usr/share/consolefonts.  For example, to
try the font "lat0-08.psfu.gz", run "setfont lat0-08".

When you find the font that works for you, update /etc/conf.d/consolefont.

You could also just do "rc-update del consolefont".

>    In file included from apmsleep.c:57:
>    /usr/include/time.h:160: error: redefinition of `struct itimerspec'
>    /usr/src/linux/include/asm/smp.h:37: warning: array 'cpu_sibling_map'
> assumed to
>     have one element
>    /usr/src/linux/include/asm/smp.h:38: warning: array 'cpu_core_map' assumed
> to ha
>    ve one element

Hmm, somehow you have managed to mix userspace headers (from
/usr/include) and kernel headers (usr/src/linux/include).  This is
never a good thing.

Check /usr/include/linux.  It should be a directory, _not_ a symlink.
Also, what version of linux-headers do you  have installed (emerge -pv
sys-kernel/linux-headers).

-Richard