Hi Dale,

> Google found this:
> http://www.linuxpackages.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9208&sid=7a741429de5dcddf32c3ff133d202d01

Cheers. I had already googled around, without much success - this
gives me an idea of what to do at least. Looks like I need a partition
of at least the same size as the damaged one to copy the blocks over
to. Unfortunately, I haven't got another *drive* that's as big as that
partition...

Looks like an expensive deal for a single bad block! I'll be getting a
replacement big drive to  replace the damaged one, and a large
external drive to use for backups. Ironic really, as the  server was
supposed to be my backup solution - it has my subversion repository on
it, and an rsync module for backup. Unfortunatly, I'd started to use
it as a webserver etc...

Oh well, first disk corruption in 10 years - got to learn the hard way
sometime...

--
Ant...