On 03 April 2006 03:06, Sven Köhler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to shape the traffic of my DSL-connection, but somehow i
> never really understood the machanisms that linux offers. All the
> scripts i wrote were simply worthless somehow, because they didn't
> really improve anything.
>
> Is there any application or script that is easy to configure and does
> all the necessary things to shape my DSL traffic?

No, because traffic shaping is such a broad field that no simply script can
cover it. On the other hand, it isn't a mystery either. One can understand
it. Try Bert Hubert's "Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO". I
don't have the URL handy right. Just google for it.

Uwe

--
Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?