On 4/20/06, Bob Bao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am a new gentoo user here. I downloaded gentoo 2.6 liveCD from gentoo
> website. After couple time trying, finally I successfully complete the
> installing. But,  after log in, I only get a xterm window and a session
> window. I think suppose I should get a graphic user interface like boot

Do you know how X works and what is a Window Manager? Check:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
(but I suppose you already have X configured, since you can at least login)

And after that, choose one of these and follow instructions...
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnome-config.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/fluxbox-config.xml

That's the best we can do, you must understand HOW X works with the
Window Manager in order to get a GUI.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil