On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:43:05AM -0700, maxim wexler wrote

> And one more question: Why does emerge wvdial insist on installing all
> this X stuff? More than 90 Megs!  What does my serial port hardware
> care if I can look at an xterm or not?
>
> I tried USE="-X" but it just ignored me :^(

  Sigh, a bunch of ex-Windows, X Window developers, who can't go to the
bathroom without a pointey-clickey-touchie-feelie-oowey-gui.  I suggest
that you "emerge pppconfig" instead.  That's what I use along with pon
and poff.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca