I've removed Apache from my system (using `emerge -C') in order to use a
version I've compiled/installed to /usr/local.  My world file has no
traces of apache, php, apr or apr-util, nor can I see anything in there
that should require Apache be installed.  `equery depends apache'
reports nothing, yet when I run `emerge -pvuD world', emerge wants to
re-install Apache, PHP and everything else I've removed.

Am I correct that `equery depends apache' should list the packages that
require Apache?  If that's the case, then is there something cached or
in another file that makes Gentoo think it needs to re-install Apache?

thx -

--
Michael J. Barillier   ///   http://www.blackwolfinfosys.net/~blackwolf/
.O.  |  ``Experience with many protocols has shown that protocols with