fire-eyes wrote:

> Well, i got totally confused, it seemed i couldn't for the life of me get
> ~/.bashrc pulled in no matter what i did.
>
> I put the following into ~/.bash_profile and it worked out fine. I'm
> wondering
> if that information sent out at the end of the ebuild is wrong, or if i'm
> just confused:
>
> [[ -f /etc/bash_completion ]] && \
>         source /etc/bash_completion

try putting something like this in ~/.bashrc

echo "sourcing /etc/bash_completion"
if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
    source /etc/bash_completion
fi
echo "sourced /etc/bash_completion"

Then open a new terminal window/tab and see what you get.  You should
see the output of the two echo's and you should have bash completion.

I also recommend renaming /etc/profile.d/bash-completion to
/etc/profile.d/bash-completion.sh so it gets picked up by /etc/profile.

Jim