On Wednesday 03 May 2006 11:25, Jorge Almeida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] kill a child and suicide':
> On Wed, 3 May 2006, Christopher Fisk wrote:
> > It's just bash scripting, just tell bash to exec child.sh in the
> > background.
> >
> > /path/to/child.sh &
>
> Nope. I need the child in the foreground, so that its output and stderr
> goes to multilog.

Putting something in the background doesn't change what it's std(in|out|
err) are attached to.  They will still go to the [pt]ty like normal.  If
you *want* then redirected somewhere else, you are free to do so with
standard redirection operations before the ampersand.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest