Hi,

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:22:50 +0200 (CEST)
Sascha Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I can't be of much further help, but my immediate question after
> > reading this was: what does /proc/mounts contain after doing this?
>
> something different then mount shows:
>
> # mount | grep home
> /dev/hda3 on /home type reiserfs (rw,noatime,user_xattr)
>
> # grep home /proc/mounts
> /dev/hda3 /home reiserfs rw,noatime 0 0

I think it just doesn't get respected. But it doesn't throw an error,
so I guess the kernel doesn't error out but doesn't change anything,
either. /proc/mtab is maintained by the kernel, /etc/mtab is maintained
by mount itself. But seeing the other part of this thread, this all
seems to be intended behaviour for reiserfs.

-hwh