Friedrich Göpel <shado23 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I'm trying to get the SVGA input on a HDTV to work with my gentoo system.
> > The monitor manual says it works with 1366x768. The video card in the
machine is:

> I have a similar setup, though my tv has a physical resolution of
> 1366x768 it only allows up to 1360x768 over the vga in and only tv norms
> over hdmi, you might need to check your manual to see what resolutions
> it will do.
> For the Modeline you should use gtf which comes with xorg like that:
> ie. gtf 1360 768 60
> That is the only modeline calculator that ever worked right for me.
> It might also be necessary to check for the polarity, which I needed to
> change in my modeline.

Here's what works with this Vizio 37" LCD HDTV/Monitor from Costco:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "Monitor0"
        VendorName "VIZIO"
        ModelName "VIZIO L32"
        HorizSync 31-70
        VertRefresh 50-85
        Mode    "1366x768"      # vfreq 59.815Hz, hfreq 47.553kHz
                DotClock        85.500000
                HTimings        1366 1494 1624 1798
                VTimings        768 770 776 795
                Flags           "-HSync" "+VSync"
        EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
        BoardName   "NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"

        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24

        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1366x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes    "1366x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     15
                Modes    "1366x768"
        EndSubSection

EndSection

Just in case somebody else want to make one of these breast work.

Using movie players, Kaffeine and VLC they work, but it seems like
every movie has to be adjusted to fully fit the 37" lcd screen. More
works is needed on that.

Now to get voice controls working, I'll never have to leave my chair again!

Thanks to all for suggestions.

James