On Tue, 16 May 2006, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Using vmware on winxp and I see gentoo is not listed as a supported OS
> like Suse is.
>
> I'm currently running Suse from vmware for that reason.  I did try to
> get gentoo running there sometime ago and don't remember what the
> problems were now.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here is running gentoo inside vmware on winxp
> and if they might coach me on that.

I am writing this from Gentoo running in VMware workstation on Windows
Server 2003. It works just fine, just install it like a normal install
except you need to use lspci to find what hardware vmware is showing
Gentoo, and compile accordingly. I have had problems installing the vmware
tools in Gentoo though, they will install but will not run.