On 6/11/06, gentuxx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, that worked as far as getting a running config.  Now I just have
to figure out what the scan rates are for my monitor.  Is there anyway
to dump the config being used when there isn't a .conf file?  I seem
to have lost some screen real estate.  ;-)

xvidtune can help here, although generally with modern hardware there
is no need to specify scan rates at all in the xorg.conf file.  With
DDC monitors, X can detect what the available scan rates are.

If you post the Monitor, Device, and Screen sections from the
generated xorg.conf, we can probably give you better advice on these.

-Richard