Mauro Arnoldi wrote:

My ati drivers doesn't want to compile:

#emerge -pv ati-drivers

Calculating dependencies... done!
[blocks B ] >=x11-base/xorg-server-1.0.99 (is blocking x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.25.18)
[ebuild   R   ] x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.25.18  USE="opengl" 0 kB

I try with: emerge -O ati-drivers and I set the driver "fglrx". The result:

(EE) module ABI major version (0) doesn't match the server's version (1)
(EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) No drivers available

-Richard

Then you may need to use a different xorg-server version. If that doesn't pose a major problem, then

# emerge -C xorg-server
# emerge -D ati-drivers

Simply installing the ati-drivers should automatically pull in the newest xorg-server that they will work with. There's a thread somewhere on forums.gentoo.org, and another one a while back on gentoo-dev, explaining the reason for the block.

When I first started with the ati-drivers, Xorg 6.8 was the latest available, but they would only work with 6.7 - so we had to wait until ATI released a new version before we could use 6.8.

Waiting a few weeks for the very latest xorg-server build won't kill you. ;)