On Tuesday 13 June 2006 16:40, Mauro Arnoldi wrote:
> Alle 15:22, martedģ 13 giugno 2006, Jacques Montier ha scritto:
> > Mauro Arnoldi a gentiment tapote:

> > > Nothing changed:
> >
> > After you have changed your kernel configuration, I suppose you
> > recompiled your kernel ?
> > Did you enable via chipset support in Character Devices ( then modprobe
> > via-agp) ?
> > After compiling ati-drivers, did you run
> > eselect opengl set ati ?
>
> eselect is ok:
>
> #eselect opengl list
> Available OpenGL implementations:
>   [1]   ati *
>   [2]   xorg-x11
>
> Why do I have to compile via chipset support? I have and Ati Radeon X300 in
> my laptop..

set kernel .config these lines

CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y  (this in question)
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
# CONFIG_DRM is not set (this is must have)

set in xorg.conf
    Driver      "fglrx"

dont use x11-base/xorg-x11-7.1

good luck

--
Linux 2.6.16-ck11 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
 23:30:01 up 1 day, 16:22,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.16, 0.23