Hello All,

        I am trying to get my recently built system to recognize my Adaptec
29160 configured on the system.
I have SCSI built into the kernel, here is the dmesg statement,
SCSI subsystem initialized,
I can see my sata drive, which from what I read, scsi needs to be
working for sata access, but there is nothing in dmesg about my scsi
card coming to life, and so I cannot see my cd burner and iomega jaz
drive that hang off it.

I figure it has something to do with getting drivers in place.
Is it something in the kernel config?
I have looked and there is nothing that catches my attention.
Perhaps just to emerge some driver?

Here is my version
Linux version 2.6.16-gentoo-r9 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 3.4.5 (Gentoo
3.4.5, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9)) #4 SMP Sat Jun 17 22:56:38 EDT 2006

Running on a pair of dual opterons in amd64 mode.

                        Thanks in advance for any help.
                        Sean