yes I hit it too - back before it hit stable.  It seemed that going xorg
modular is a one way trip as you cant remove modular xorg easily unless
you keep an independent record of every package installed.  I was pissed
because modular didnt work and I couldnt uninstall it!  Eventually
updates caught up with and fixed the problem, but in the meantime I had
an unusable system.  I realised the problem when I coulnt even downgrade
from 7.1 to 7.0 - this loss of control is a major pita with modular X.

BillK