Hello.

After the last upgrade, X is completely broken. I can start it, but
applications randomly crash. In fact, not so randomly. It's almost as
if I was running xkill. If I click on the background, nautilus dies.
If I click the panel, it dies. Applications that are run directly will
also crash after a few seconds.
I don't know how to start, but it seems to be a X.org issue, as it
happens with other window managers as well, and even without a window
manager (tried to start X with just a xterm).
I tried to google for 'BadIdChoice', but couldn't find much.
I also tried to upgrade from xorg 7 to 7.1, but this still causes the
same errors.
Can anyone help me with these?
These are the kind of errors that show up on the console:

X Window System Version 7.1.0
Release Date: 22 May 2006
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.16-gentoo-r3 i686
Current Operating System: Linux ti03 2.6.16-gentoo-r3 #5 PREEMPT Wed
May 3 14:52:59 BRT 2006 i686
Build Date: 03 July 2006
      Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
Module Loader present
      (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.2.log", Time: Mon Jul  3 14:13:45 2006
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
  xkb_keycodes             { include "xfree86(abnt2)+aliases(qwerty)" };
  xkb_types                { include "complete" };
  xkb_compatibility        { include "complete" };
  xkb_symbols              { include "pc(pc104)+br" };
  xkb_geometry             { include "pc(abnt2)" };
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
                  Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
SESSION_MANAGER=local/ti03:/tmp/.ICE-unix/20880
The program 'nautilus' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this connection)'.
(Details: serial 1586 error_code 14 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
The program 'gnome-panel' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
(Details: serial 1708 error_code 188 request_code 154 minor_code 6)
The application 'gnome-session' lost its connection to the display :2.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
Window manager warning: Lost connection to the display ':2.0';
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the window manager.
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
xinit:  connection to X server lost.
The application 'nautilus' lost its connection to the display :2.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
The application 'gnome-panel' lost its connection to the display :2.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed

--
Bruno Lustosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZCE - Zend Certified Engineer - PHP!