On 7/7/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/7/06, Lord Sauron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Scripts are great, but they aren't for whole applications.  Yes, that
> would be a quotable.

I think (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that most of portage
is actually implemented in python.  The actual merge process is shell
script, but things like dependency resolution and so forth should be
all python.

I don't speak much python.

And python is actually pretty quick.  Not nearly as fast as C, but
easily fast enough for this kind of work.  I think you would find the
biggest gains would be from using more efficient algorithms and data
storage, rather than re-implementing parts in another language.

Yeah, you're most likely right.

-Richard