Rafael Fernández López schrieb:

What to do when your smtp server needs authentification ?

Well, I wrote a page on the wiki. And I wanted to post the URL, but
my fingers are too clumsy :)

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Making_portage_use_/usr/sbin/sendmail_to_send_out_ELOG_mails

In this wiki TIP, I show how portage can be configured, so that
it uses /usr/sbin/sendmail to send out mails. On my system, /usr/sbin/sendmail
is SSMTP and I configured SSMTP to use auth.

But if you're *only* after being able to auth. yourself to the
SMTP server, you don't need my tip. Portage can do this by itself.
Just have a look at the description of PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI in
/etc/make.conf.example.

HTH,

Alexander Skwar
--
My friend has a baby.  I'm writing down all the noises he makes so
later I can ask him what he meant.