Neil Bothwick schrieb:
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 17:18:32 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> What to do when your smtp server needs authentification ?

Curse the damned too simple ELOG interface :)

That's why I wrote, that I actually use =custom. I wrote a page on
the wiki regarding this:

What's wrong with the procedure outlined in /etc/make.conf.example (I
haven't tried it)?

Regarding what OP the wants?

Nothing. When I wrote the message to which you replied, I hadn't
thought about what the OP wanted. My fault. But in my 2nd message,
I also suggested to use PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI, just like you now
did.

But there are potential problems which are due to the syntax of
the mailuri.

What do you do, when the username or password contains an : or @?
Especially an @ in the username might not be so strange, as it
might happen, that the username is the mailadress, incl. the domain;
something like [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Would

PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="[EMAIL PROTECTED] user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:pass_with_:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@mailserver:port"

work? For clarification:

        user=user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        pass=pass_with_:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        mailserver=mailserver
        port=port

Alexander Skwar
--
politics, n.:
        A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.