Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:

> According to the instructions.html in the source zip
> "eclipse-sourceBuild-srcIncluded-3.2.zip", you must have *both* a 1.4
> and 1.5 jdk installed to build eclipse.  So apparently it is not
> possible to build or use eclipse 3.2 with only a 1.5 jdk.

Ah, that brings up a follow up question. If many of the ebuild packages
have built in documentation, then is there a tool/package/web_interface
that allow the document perusal without individual(admin) interaction?
For example, man pages are auto loaded and ready with 'man <subject>' so I'd be
interested in any similiar doc system for xml, html, doc* ....

It seems like quite often I have to go on a search expedition for docs....

Is there a gentoo standard or a wiki related to this subject?

curious,
James