> On 7/10/06, Timothy A. Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am looking to be able to sync my palm tungsten E to my google
> > calendar, and I am wondering if it would be possible to use
evolution or
> > other linux program to accomplish this -- I know it's a bit off
topic
> > for the list, so feel free to contact me off list if you want.
Could
> > sure use some help on this
> >
> > TIM
>
> Have not tried it but suggest you look at:
> http://gentoo-
> wiki.com/HOWTO_USB_sync_for_Palm_PDAs_with_Evolution_2.0_and_udev
>
> may also google for 'palm evolution' ;-)
>
> -Mike
>
> --

[Timothy A. Holmes]

I have followed the above Wiki article, and have hit a snag.

In the article it says

Start off by attempting to get the basic information about the PDA. Run
pilot-xfer --port /dev/tts/USB1 --list and hit the hotsync button on the
PDA when prompted. It should spit out a list of information. We're not
terribly interested in the information, just the fact that communication
is possible.

Note: If it reports something like...

  The device /dev/tts/USB1 does not exist..
  Possible solution:

       mknod /dev/tts/USB1 c <major> <minor>

  Unable to bind to port: /dev/tts/USB1
  Please use --help for more information

...it means that your udev daemon is not creating the right
/dev/tts/USB* files. But if you run pilot-xfer AFTER pressing HotSync
button, the pilot-xfer does not report the problem, and USB* show up in
the /dev/tts dir. Try changing from USB1 to USB0, or try using
/dev/pilot after pressing the HotSync button.

I am getting that error message, and have tried resetting the path
repeatedly, and nothing seems to make a difference, Im not sure where to
go from here?

can someone please point me to a solution?

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11