On Saturday 09 September 2006 10:05, Stephen Liu wrote:
> I followed "The GNOME Configuration HOWTO"
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnome-config.xml
[SNIP]
> Please advise;
> 1)
> Do I need to reinstall Gnome?
> (remark: installed "gnome-light")
>
> If YES how to remove Gnome, the unfinished package?

Did you set the following USE flags

USE="gtk gtk2 gnome hal avahi"

in /etc/make.conf

If in doubt post the output of

# emerge --info | grep ^USE

If they are set try running

# emerge --newuse --update --deep --verbose --ask world

This will recompile anything that has changed USE flags since they were
installed.

[SNIP]

> Furthermore I forgot mentioning on running;
> # rc-update del famd default
> (Code Listing 2.6: Switching to gamin)
> fam can't be found.

If you didn't have app-admin/fam installed before following this guide then
this is to be expected. The purpose of these two steps is to get rid of it if
you had it.

--
Bo Andresen