From: Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Annulation of modified USE flag settings
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:03:48 +0200

> On Saturday 09 September 2006 17:58, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> > In the doc, which link you mentioned firs there is in Listing 5
> > mentioned:
> >
> > USE="-java" emerge mozilla
> >
> > ...a previous mail mentioned, that is a bad thing to do.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Still slightly confused,
>
> Instead do:
>
> # echo www-client/mozilla -java >> /etc/portage/package.use
>
> # emerge -va mozilla
>
> --
> Bo Andresen

Hi Bo,

 no, I am not on the way to emerge mozilla...

 I thought that on one hand the docs say:

 use USE on the commandline

 while the mailing list says

 DONT use USE on the commandline -- its a very bad thing.

 that only one of that above can be correct and the fact that both
 there are may confuse users of gentoo more than absolutely needed.

 Only my two cent...

 Keep hacking!
 mcc