On 14:02 Sat 16 Sep     , Mick wrote:
> On 13/09/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> What happens with the latest BIOS updates that some idiotic
> manufacturers only provide as WinXP executables?

I had that problem with my burner because for some reason the dos tools
flat out refused to work, so I slapped the windows exe on a Windows PE
(=Preinstallation Enviroment) Iso burned it and booted from that.
That's basically a Windows LiveCD, except it takes half an hour to boot
and there's no applications.

It is a sucky solution, but not as much as having to actually install
windows/swap out the hardware.

> --
> Regards,
> Mick