On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:59:00 -0700, Grant wrote:

> > mount /dev/dvd
> > TITLE=$(vobcopy -I 2>&1 | awk '/DVD-name:/ {print $3}')
> > vobcopy -m || exit
> > mkisofs -dvd-video -V ${TITLE} -o ${TITLE}.iso ${TITLE} || exit
> > rm -fr ${TITLE}
> > umount /dev/dvd
>
> Thanks for the script.  I set it up to temporarily use my dd images as
> the source, and it looks like the iso comes out about 13MB smaller
> than the dd image.  Does that make sense?

I guess that could be down to the encryption overhead.

> Also, mkisofs didn't like -o ${TITLE}.iso and errored with something
> like:

> '.iso' is an invalid atom
>
> Does ${TITLE}.iso need quotes?

It shouldn't, because disc names shouldn't include spaces, but it's
probably safest to add them, because shouldn't rarely equals doesn't. The
error looks like it could be caused by a space at the end of the movie
name, although awk should have removed that.

--
Neil Bothwick

Love and Trust: Oral sex between cannibals.