On Thursday 12 October 2006 01:42, PaulNM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Dumb question':
> Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> > It would of course solve the issue. *Nothing* short of a kernel
> > upgrade requires a reboot though. And I mean that literally. So
> > usually not.
>
> Just being a bit pedantic here, but what about init?

Modern versions of init will watch not only /etc/initab, but also the path
they were started from.  If that path is pointed to a different file, it
will exec() that file in place.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest