Good morning all:

For a couple days now I have been looking for a good simple setup that
will allow me to run vnc on one of my gentoo workstations at home and
connect to it from my windows box in another area of the house.  I am
not going across the internet, or anything wild like that, just trying
to keep an eye on my box (the active desktop in fluxbox) when im
elsewhere in the house.  So far all the VNC HOW-Tos etc that I have read
involve what appears to me to be very overly complex tunneling over ssh
etc (a good thing if I was going over the internet, but for what im
doing, totally un-necessary)

When I lived in the Fedora world, I could just install vncserver and
start it up and it connected me to my active desktop and away I went.
If anyone can suggest a method or solution, I would be MOST
appreciative.

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11