Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Monday 16 October 2006 15:50, fire-eyes wrote:
Using a IBM (yes, it says IBM on it ;p) Thinkpad T43. As for the
closed drivers, I have zero intentions of touching them again anytime
soon, those things regularly lock my system up so hard i've had
severe filesystem damage. I have heard the same from more than one
thinkpad T43 owner unfortunately, it's just not worth the hassle.

Ah, the T43. Yes, that does change everything and yes, I fully agree that you should not use fglrx on that machine.

Got any coding skills? Looks like you have a personal itch :-)

Nope.

alan