061019 Stuart Howard wrote:
> I am now working on the --emptytree to restore everything properly.
> ps. tip of the day when spring cleaning your system watch out for
> those little typos that can ruin your summer :)
> pps. Just for fun it went something like this,
> "rm -rf /usr/lib/libcrco.so /usr/lib/ /usr/lib/bochs /usr/lib/libcroco.co.0"

When using 'rm -f' (with or without '-r') the iron rule is

  (1) goto the dir which contains the items to be removed
  (2) 'pwd'
  (3) 'ls <whatever>'
  (4) if <whatever> is not '*', recall that line with Up-arrow,
      backspace over 'ls' & replace with 'rm -f'
  (5) sit on hands for  >= 10 sec  while examining the results of (2 3 4)
  (6) & only then, 'rm -f <whatever>'.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]