Hi,

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:26:09 -0300 Norberto Bensa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> since Linux kernel 2.6.19 libata changes, my boot time has increased
> at least 15 seconds. This is caused by ata_piix which tries
> unsuccessfully to interrogate my DVD drive.
>
> I believe that if I load piix first (the PATA driver for Intel
> chipset) I will not get this delay.

I'm not sure about that.
Are you sure that it's really ata_piix causing the delay? I'm asking
because I've seen similar delays, but they were due to pata_legacy
(also a libata driver). Is ata_piix the only libata driver you've
compiled? I guess you've been using it for SATA HDs and your DVD is
PATA, correct? libata should work fine with that DVD drive, too. Your
BIOS uses combined or enhanced mode for SATA/PATA integration without
overlaps, I guess?

-hwh