On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 17:20 -0700, Justin Findlay wrote:
> On AD 2006 December 12 Tuesday 06:11:34 PM -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> > I don't think it is communicating with my network card.  Is there a way
> > I can test that?
>
> I guess you would start searching documentation on modem.conf.
>

> Justin

I have the following setting in modem.conf I've removed the comments for
conciseness:

[interfaces]
context=remote
language=en
type=autodetect
stripmsd=0
dialtype=tone
mode=ring
group=1

I have no idea what all this is supposed to mean.  I tried device
=> /dev/modem, restarting asterisk, and calling in from my cell phone,
but it still didn't work.  I tried opening the asterisk command console
and then typing dial and then answer while the phone was ringing, but it
just did what it always does:

camille*CLI> dial
 << Console call has been answered >>
camille*CLI> answer
Dec 12 18:54:43 NOTICE[14699]: app_mp3.c:111 timed_read: Poll timed
out/errored out with 0
 << Hangup on console >>