sean wrote:
I am reading over the info on distcc so that I might be able to setup an older P4 1.3 Ghz system to have help compiling from my dual Opteron (amd64 mode).

I only want the Opteron to help the P4, not the other way around, the Opteron does not need the help.

Is that configurable as such?

Reading further, it appears that if I leave out the P4 from the host list on the Opteron, the Opteron will not use the P4. Does that sound correct to anyone who has tried this setup?

Also, I am trying to decide if the P4 would benefit from my leaving it out of its own compiling?
Any comments again from those who may have tried this?

                        Thanks
                        Sean