On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 10:44:19PM +0000, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida squawked:
> I gave bash_completion a try, and it seemed a Good Thing. Problem is it
> was behaving like a pig, consuming all cpu ressources (99%) and freezing
> the computer (temporarily). This has to be a misconfiguration issue.
> I have both /etc/bash-completion and /etc/conf.d/bash_completion. Is
> this normal? Both files have a command to source a user completion
> file. I have a line
> [[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ]] && source
> /etc/profile.d/bash-completion
> at the beginning of ~/.bashrc.
>
> Any suggestion?

Always using that much resources? That doesn't sound right. What
completions were you trying when it freezes up?

What completions have you turned on? (eselect bashcomp list --global)
I have only 'eselect' and 'gentoo' turned on.

"He dropped his voice still lower. In the stillness, a fly
would not have dared cleat its throat. "
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 29 days, 21:36